This draft of the NYC Hazard Mitigation Plan is currently open for public comment until February 5, 2024. Your feedback will contribute and guide the process and content in the Hazard Mitigation Plan. The NYC Hazard Mitigation Plan is accessible for review and public comment at public libraries and “LinkNYC” kiosks in New York City for readers who may not have computer or internet access.
A Note on the HMP Draft
The NYC Hazard Mitigation Plan continues to be updated and revised during its draft stage. Some features and processes that will be included in the official release include, among the feedback provided during the public comment period, are:
- Copyediting of the written content.
- Comprehensive and standardized bibliography.
- An option to print the report or segments of the report.
- Summarized infographics to accompany Hazard Profiles.
- Updated and revised charts, visuals, and infographics within the content.
- Tables and visuals for the Mitigation Actions Database and Capability Assessment Database.
- Translation of the Hazard Mitigation Plan in the top languages of New York City.
- Increased emphasis and priority on documenting critical assets protected within the 1% (100-year) and 0.2% (500-year) floodplain, and if not protected, why it is not feasible to do so.
You can find the previous 2019 NYC Hazard Mitigation Plan here, set to expire in May 2024.